JOB TITLE: IT Support Technician HOURLY, NON-EXEMPT/REPRESENTED DEPARTMENT: Executive
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology SALARY RANGE: $17.95 per hour plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: February 28, 2018 at 5:00PM
This position is part-time, 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
At the Bellingham Housing Authority, we are committed to, continually, improving BHA’s operations and
service to our community.
The Bellingham Housing Authority has an immediate opening for a part-time IT Support Technician. The position’s hours will be Monday through Friday from 8am to 12pm, but flexibility may be necessary depending on BHA needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to BHA staff, partners and clients. The IT Support Technician is part of the Executive Department and reports to the Director of Information Technology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, installation and maintenance of IT equipment throughout BHA offices and facilities. This includes troubleshooting IT related equipment, such as PCs, wireless handheld devices, printers, other network and end user devices and being a source of knowledge of said systems. The IT Support Technician is also expected to participate in learning new technologies and present opportunities to BHA in an effort to progress the Bellingham Housing Authority in delivering exceptional service. BHA is seeking individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to learn, that work hard and want to have fun. If that sounds like you join our team and help us in fulfilling our mission.
· Understanding computer/network concepts and terms
· Experience in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
· A degree in Computer Networking, MIS, similar or a combination of education and experience.
· Experience troubleshooting PCs, scanners, and cell phones
· Experience troubleshooting and maintaining printers.
· Inventory management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone with peers, managers and vendors.
· Network + Certification or equivalent experience/knowledge.
· A+ Certified or equivalent experience/knowledge.
· Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously.
· Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives.
TO APPLY: Download forms at www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9am-4pm (M-F).
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Click here for Job Description
Click here for Job Application Form
Click here for Affirmative Action Form