POSITION: HOUSING CLERK, NON-EXEMPT/SALARY
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY RANGE: $37,320 - $46,824/plus benefits
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides a broad range of administrative support and receptionist functions contributing to the overall effectiveness of the department. Works cooperatively with and supports the efforts of the Leasing Specialists.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains waiting lists for various housing programs. Prepares and sends applicable correspondence and processes applications.
2. Processes clients for various housing programs, including applicant screening, applicant interviews, eligibility determinations, waitlist management, program compliance, applicant housing assignment and notification.
3. Schedules and completes a variety of initial eligibility appointments for applicants; collects and verifies appropriate documentation and information; determines if applicants are eligible for assistance; explains program rules and regulations.
4. Serves as primary backup to Receptionist and provides front desk coverage daily. Handles day to day functions of basic reception duties including but not limited to processing deposits, distributing marketing materials, and distributing mail.
5. Assists clients with completing and turning in application, recertification and other required information.
6. Maintains annual recertification process through report monitoring/distribution, notifications, and applicant processing.
7. Monitors and maintains incoming “portable” inquiries, provides appropriate forms and processes application materials.
8. Processes assignments for leases and contracts.
9. Schedules and tracks HQS inspections.
10. Maintains compliance with HUD’s Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) System and BHA database including report pulling, review, analysis and management.
11. Applies independent judgments to complex housing needs in a fair and consistent manner in accordance with continually changing regulatory rules, HUD regulations and BHA policies and procedures.
12. Assists with other administrative work and special projects, as assigned.
13. May provide bilingual support.
TO APPLY: Download the full job description and the employment application at www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9am-4pm (M-F).
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, COVER LETTER & RESUME WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: email@example.com
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Affirmative Action Form
REPORTS TO: Housing Authority Board of Commissioners
SUPERVISES: Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Director of Asset Development, Director of Information Technology, and the Executive Services Manager
The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of the Housing Authorities’ operations including administration, management, development, and financial control. Works with the Board of Commissioners and senior management team on the development of all policies affecting the housing authority including strategic initiatives, economic feasibility, sound business planning and management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Model and ensure the highest standards of ethics, engagement and performance throughout the organization.
Offer leadership throughout Whatcom County on effective housing opportunities that are affordable to households and individuals of modest and lower incomes. Disseminate information on the continuum of housing needs, promote best practices, and advocate for effective public policies.
Enlist, support, and encourage Housing Authority Commissioners as representatives of and ambassadors to the community. Support the Board of Commissioners in fulfilling their legal and fiduciary responsibilities by providing information on agency operations and key issues. Provide orientation materials and training plans when on-boarding new Commissioners.
Support and lead the senior management team, including establishing agency priorities, developing organizational training plans, and reviewing policies and programs. Anticipate and be proactive to meet the demands of the changing landscape.
Strategic Planning and Annual Operations
Financial Management, Human Resources and Administrative
Relationship Building & Community Development
WORKING CONDITIONS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
This position functions primarily in an office environment. Work outside the office includes numerous meetings throughout the community, occasional visits to housing construction sites and other properties of the Housing Authority. Incumbents must be able to effectively utilize computers and related software, computer printers, photocopier, and telephone (hand and cell).
Licenses or Certificates
Valid Washington State Driver's License (within 30 days of employment) and an acceptable driving record (according to the organization’s standards).
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Click here for Application Form
Click here for Job Announcment