POSITION: ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN, PAYROLL NON-EXEMPT
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED REPRESENTED
SALARY RANGE: $41,160 to $51,624 plus benefit/retirement package
JOB SUMMARY: Performs accounting support functions contributing to the collection, maintenance, and reporting of timely and accurate financial and accounting information. This position specializes in payroll, grant disbursements, and fixed assets and equipment inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares and maintains payroll for all staff. This includes the coordination, review and filing of payroll documents.
2. Prepares payroll-related reports, including the preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly reports.
3. Assists with salary budget preparation and on-going administration.
4. Oversee, review, and assist employees with their benefits package and enrollment.
5. Coordinates and maintains fixed asset and equipment inventory.
6. Coordinates and observes physical inventory, adds new items to inventory database, and records or transfers inventory assets, as appropriate.
7. Prepares depreciation schedules for capital assets and reconcile the balance to the general ledger.
8. Maintains A/R ledgers for Section 8 Portability programs, damage claims and payments for Section 8 tenants, grant fund requisitions for Shelter Plus Care and HOPWA, and other miscellaneous A/R for special programs. Tenant accounting for 101-unit project.
9. Processes accounts payable for assigned programs (Section 8 portability, Shelter Plus Care, HOPWA, FSS, and other programs).
10. Provides tenant and landlord customer service.
· Associates Degree with emphasis in general business curriculum, basic accounting, and bookkeeping.
· Minimum of two years of full charge bookkeeping including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and quarterly reports.
· Valid Washington State driver's license and verified safe driving record according to BHA standards.
· Criminal records background check is required.
TO APPLY: Download forms at www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9am-4pm (M-F)
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Description (pdf)
Application Form (pdf)
Affirmative Action Form (pdf)